Cricket Lovers always wait eagerly for the Indian Premier League (IPL) Auction. They are curious to know which team retained their players and made changes. Even they seem curious to know the market value of certain players. This year 590 players are about to take part in the IPL Mega Auction 2022. In brief 370 players belong to India and 220 players originated overseas.
Updates About IPL Mega Auction 2022: An out-to-out 590 players are participating in the event. Out of 590 players, 370 players are Indian and 220 players are from overseas. Furthermore, the Mega event will be in Bengaluru on 12 February and 13 February. 10 Franchises will battle among themselves over key players whom they want. However, the event will end after 2 days.
At the end of the event, we will come to know which player belongs to which team. Out of 10 franchises, 8 Franchises have given the list of players they are planning to retain. The two new Franchises that are Lucknow and Ahmedabad have also Drafted three players each. The Lucknow Franchise named the team Super Giants. However, the Lucknow Franchise has signed Kannur Lokesh Rahul (Indian International Cricketer) as their captain. Also acquired two more players, Marcus Stoinis (all-rounder cricketer) and Ravi Bishnoi (Indian spinner). The Ahmedabad Franchise named the team Gujarat Titans. Likewise, the Ahmedabad Franchise signed Hardik Pandya (Indian All-rounder) as the captain of the team. They acquired two more players, Rashid Khan (Afghan Spinner) and Shubman Gill (Indian Batter).
Captains For The IPL Teams This Year
However, The Super Giants and Gujarat Titans have picked KL Rahul and Hardik Pandya as the captains. For the remaining Franchises list have been given that is,
- Chennai Super Kings: Chennai Super Kings decided to retain 4 of their players. Their first pick for IPL 2022 was Ravindra Jadeja (all-rounder). The second pick was MS Dhoni as their team captain. There’s a chance we might see Ravindra Jadeja as their captain once MS Dhoni decides on retirement.
- Mumbai Indians: The Mumbai Franchise has been seen as a highly successful franchise. They have a record of winning titles 5-times. For instance, they hold on to current Indian skipper Rohit Sharma. They retained Rohit Sharma for a price of ₹16 crores. Along with Rohit Sharma, Mumbai Indians hold on to three more players.
- Delhi Capitals: The Delhi Franchise has retained four players. The captain for the team, picked by Delhi Capitals is Rishab Pant ( Indian Skipper).
- Rajasthan Royals: Sanju Samson (wicketkeeper-batsman) will be guiding his team once again this IPL 2022. They retained him for Rs 14 crore.
- Sunrisers Hyderabad: The captaincy has been passed to Kane Williamson from David Warner. Kane Williamson has been retained for ₹14 crores.
Many Franchises have retained almost four players. Moreover, they are about to bid on the remaining key players in the event. One more day to go for the Mega Auction. The IPL season is about to start and Players, as well as the IPL audience, are eager to see Which team will win the IPL 15 title?